The value and need for additional supplementation in today’s world can reduce the risk of disease or health-related conditions. Although we may think we eat healthy, we are still not getting enough of the essential nutrients our body needs. A perfect example, is that most people are still low on Vit D, which is vital for strong bones, mental clarity and mood. .More and more research shows how much we need valuable vitamins and minerals and the important role they play in obtaining optimal health. Another major concern is the over use of prescribed antibiotics that eventually effect our “gut "or belly to lose its ability to maintain our immune system. Prebiotics and probiotics are very valuable in keeping the Belly happy as well as preventing a weak gut from developing severe medical conditions.
Many healthcare providers are still "old school" thinking that vitamin supplements are a waste and a good diet is all you need. But realistically, about 2 percent of the United States population eats healthy enough to obtain vital nutrients. Vitamins are essential for a strong immune system, metabolism, digestion, cognitive thinking, cardiovascular health, strong bones, and more.
As a Registered Nurse, I still believe, it is always advisable to discuss supplementation with your doctor, especially if on prescribed medications or going for a surgical procedure. If your doctor is not well educated in this area, I suggest functional medicine, holistic or alternative providers who are extremely knowledgeable and apprised of the most current research. It is important to be an informed consumer. I am a member of Consumer labs an independent company who tests and researches the newest and most up to date claims. They are not financially linked to any nutraceutical company and have unbiased results. Pure facts. From this company and my own due diligence, I recommend and partner with companies I know and trust. They all have the actual ingredients stated on labels, as well as the sources the products come from. They are the most innovative and scientifically-based nutritional supplement companies in today's market. They are pioneers. These supplements are manufactured according to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) standards, which means that you can take comfort in the quality, efficacy, and potency of the brand. The companies have credible medical boards and their advisory boards are staffed by health professionals and product experts to answer any questions you may have regarding supplements.
It is always important to understand about the supplements you take. See A to Z for more details - Click Here
Some simple but important facts that help with supplementation results.
- Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin; and should be taken with the fattiest meal of the day for better absorption, and not on an empty stomach. This goes for all fat-soluble vitamins.
- Vitamin C is water soluble and best for "anti-aging" and essential for building collagen and elastic fiber structure that support skin composition. This is why it is not only for topical application but works from the inside out. It is also used to boast the immune system.
- Omega 3's are needed for cardiovascular health.
- LUPUS patients should avoid Echinacea and melatonin due to the adverse effects on the immune system.
- These are just a sample of information If you want to stay informed connected and inspired on the most up to date info please sign up for VIP4Health monthly news update, no spam pure facts Sign up now for VITAL Info!